Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Tiresias, a new novel by Jonathan M. Sweet

Jonathan M. Sweet is the author of several books and the proprietor of Smoking Cat Productions. He has quite an interesting Wikipedia page, too. Check it out and you'll find some background information about how TIRESIAS was conceived and written. It's partly autobiographical and that's a little disturbing, since the book I would compare this to is Robert Bloch's PSYCHO. It begins with a sort of mistaken identity situation which escalates to murder and a much more dangerous identity crisis. The book had me guessing even though I thought I knew where it was going because I had read about it in the Wikipedia post. It will puzzle and disturb you too.
Sweet knows how to write and handle dialect in the southern style and he has some axes to grind. I believe we've encountered the most dangerous loon yet in our sanctuary. You won't forget this book. It's $18 through Lulu.com or the Ramble House web site.

No comments: